How to set up an Email Signature in Gmail
An email signature allows you to automatically include a few lines of contact information (or any other information) to the bottom of every outgoing email message, allowing you to easily advertise your business or yourself.
Gmail allows you to set up a signature to include in messages you compose.
To set up a signature that will be automatically appended to any emails you compose in Gmail:
- Click the settings gear button and select “Settings” from the drop-down menu. Stay on the “General” tab, scroll down to the “Signature” section and select the option below “No signature” to turn the feature on.
- Enter the text you want to use as your signature. If you have a logo, you can insert that as an image with your text or on its own. You can also add hyperlinks to text in your signature, by selecting the text for the link and clicking the “Link” button on the toolbar.
Note: If you want to add an image to your signature, you need to use an image that’s available publicly on the web. For example, to use your company’s logo, you might be able to find it on your company’s site and copy the URL from there. You need a web URL to include an image in your signature. If the image you want to use is not already available on the web, you can use sites like Blogger and Google Sites to create a simple website and upload your image to it. Or, you can use an image hosting service.
- Under “Link to” specify whether the link is to a “Web address” or an “Email address”. Enter the URL or email address in the “To what URL should this link go?” If you want to test the link to make sure it works, click “Test this link” When you are satisfied, click “OK”.
- The link is inserted. When the cursor is on any of the linked text, additional options display. You can “Go to [the] link, “Change” the link, or “Remove” the link. To hide these options, either click the “X” on the right side of the box, or click on any other non-linked text in the signature.
- Gmail automatically inserts two dashes (–) above your signature, separating it from the body of the email message, as shown below.
- You can choose to leave out the dashes. To do so, select the “Insert this signature before quoted text in replies and remove the ‘–‘ line that precedes it” check box. Note that this option will also insert your signature before quoted text in replies.
- Click “Save Changes.”
You have created signature for your email successful. You can edit or delete the signature manually once it is inserted into a new message.
See more: Simple way to create a Gmail account
Tags: gmail, gmail login, gmail sign in, set up an Email Signature in Gmail